Title: Postdoctoral Fellow in the Taniguchi Lab
Position Summary: The Pancreatic Cancer laboratory of Dr. Cullen Taniguchi at the University of Texas at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, TX is looking for a postdoctoral fellow. Our lab is housed in the Zayed Pancreatic Cancer center which houses a group of faculty that are devoted to the treatment eradication of pancreatic cancer. The successful candidate will have significant experience in molecular biology, mouse modeling, biochemistry, and basic bioinformatics skills to analyze –omics data that we routinely generate from our preclinical and clinical pipelines. For more information please visit our MDACC website https://www.mdanderson.org/research/departments-labs-institutes/labs/taniguchi-laboratory.html)
Email Detailed cover letter, CV and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can email Dr. Taniguchi for general questions about the lab, or, if you prefer, who’s going to win the MLB playoffs this year, or what’s the best restaurant in Houston.
What we offer:
- Training in translational studies using spontaneous mouse models (KPC)
- Expertise in pancreatic cancer biology, hypoxia, mitochondria metabolism and radiation biology
- Ability to move from bench to bedside due to complete integration of our clinical and preclinical research motifs
- A stimulating environment with freedom to develop new research
- Access to some of the top minds in pancreatic cancer, who regular collaborate with Dr. Taniguchi
- Supportive mentorship for multi-faceted career development and opportunities tailored towards individual career
- A fun, hard-working and supportive lab that will not tolerate bad behavior from anyone!
- The chance to live in Houston, a dynamic metropolis that incredibly diverse with tons of culture and a vibrant food scene multiple James Beard winners.
What we’re looking for:
- Enthusiastic and ambitious individual with a strong interest in our research and laboratory
- Fearlessness in learning new techniques and designing projects
- Willingness to apply for applicable postdoctoral fellowships and eagerness to take advantage of other career development
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Interest in working with junior lab members and summer
Start date: immediately or upon mutual agreement.
Application materials (email to email@example.com)
- Cover letter outlining relevant expertise and scientific interests
- Contact information for three references
- Sci Transl Med. 2014 May 14;6(236):236ra64
- Nature Medicine, 2013 19(10): 1325-1330
- Cell Reports 2015 (15)00589-6.
- Scientific Reports 2018, available online: http://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-018-33747-7
Preprints from our lab in peer review:
- EGLN Inhibition Reduces Gastrointestinal Radiation Toxicity and Improves Survival in a Murine Model of Locally Advanced Pancreatic Cancer, BioRxiv 195610 [Preprint]. November 20, 2017 [cited 2018 May 31]. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1101/195610.
- Molkentine, JM; Fujimoto, TN; Horvath, T; Grossberg, AJ; Deorukhkar, A; Samuel, ELG; Chan, WK; Lorenzi, PL; Dantzer, R; Tour, JM; Mason, KA; Taniguchi, CM. Enteral Activation of WR-2721 Mediates Radioprotection and Improved Survival from Lethal Fractionated Radiation. BioRxiv 289074 [Preprint]. March 27, 2018 [cited 2018 May 31]. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1101/289074
- Mitochondrial Fusion Suppresses Pancreatic Cancer Growth via Reduced Oxidative Metabolism BioRxiv 279745 [Preprint]. March 11, 2018 [cited 2018 May 31]. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1101/279745 Also available at Cell Sneek Peak.