Title: Postdoctoral Fellow in the Taniguchi Lab
Position Summary: The Radiation and Pancreatic Cancer Biology laboratory of Dr. Cullen Taniguchi at the University of Texas at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, TX is looking for a postdoctoral fellow for a NIH-funded project that seeks to protect the intestine from radiation injury with novel compounds. These findings have implications for cancer treatment and nuclear countermeasures. The successful candidate will have significant experience in molecular biology, cell biology, and mouse modeling. The ideal candidate would also have an expertise in intestinal stem cells and/or hypoxia though these are not required and can be taught if the candidate has other strong complementary skillsets.
For more information please, visit our MDACC website https://www.mdanderson.org/research/departments-labs-institutes/labs/taniguchi-laboratory.html)
Email a detailed cover letter, CV and references to email@example.com. You cover letter is critical for me to know why you want to work with us and why your skillset would be a good match. It also lets me know your baseline writing ability, which will be critical to your success.
You can email Dr. Taniguchi for general questions about the lab, or, if you prefer, who’s going to win the MLB playoffs this year, or what’s the best restaurant in Houston.
What we offer:
- Training and expertise in radiation biology, intestinal stem cell biology and pancreatic cancer.
- A stimulating environment with freedom to develop new research
- Supportive mentorship for multi-faceted career development and opportunities tailored towards individual career
- A fun, hard-working and supportive lab that practices team-based science
- The chance to live in Houston, a dynamic and diverse metropolis with tons of culture, a vibrant food scene, and championship sports teams!
- A PI with season tickets to the Astros that he regularly gives away to his lab (I am serious!)
What we’re looking for:
- Enthusiastic and ambitious individual with a strong interest in our research and laboratory
- Fearlessness in learning new techniques and designing projects
- Willingness to apply for applicable postdoctoral fellowships and eagerness to take advantage of other career development
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Interest in working with junior lab members and summer
Start date: immediately or upon mutual agreement.
Application materials (email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Cover letter outlining relevant expertise and scientific interests
- Contact information for three references